Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc., its subsidiaries and divisions (collectively, the “Company,” “we,” or “us”) believe that privacy is important and we are committed to maintaining the trust of our customers and our online guests.
THIS POLICY WILL EXPLAIN:
- What Information We Collect
- How and Why We Use Your Information
- With Whom Do We Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Personal Information Of EU Residents
- Links To Other Websites
- Information From Children
- Your Control of Your Information
- Exclusion of Anonymous Information
- Company Ownership of Information
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information from you when you visit our websites, when you request or receive warranty or customer service, when you communicate with us or when we receive your information from third party service providers or other business partners. The information that we collect may include any of the following:
- Your name;
- Your home or work address;
- Your work, home or mobile phone numbers;
- Your email address;
- Your education or work experience;
- Information about the Company product(s) you purchased;
- Your device identifiers/device data (such as IP address, type of browser, geo-location information)
In addition to the information listed above, you may choose to give to us directly other types of information in a variety of situations. For example, when making a warranty claim you may provide digital images of you or your property, including images of the Company products you purchased. You may also provide your credit card details to purchase products or services from us or you may share product feedback relating to a Company product you purchased. We may also collect sensitive personal information such as information about your age, race, ethnicity, gender and other demographic information. You may also provide health information when making claims relating to personal injuries which you allege to have resulted from Company products.
We may also be given your information from third party companies who have collected the information previously or who have made assumptions about you based on information you have shared with them.
WHY WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect and use information about you for any of the following purposes:
- To respond to inquiries about purchasing a product;
- To respond to your questions, comments, or customer service requests;
- To install, maintain or service your appliances;
- To deliver your orders and provide services to you;
- To register your appliance;
- To accept payment for products and services;
- To deliver advertisements and product information;
- To inform you of new products or services;
- To target advertising to you
- To administer your participation in promotions, sweepstakes, contests or surveys;
- To communicate information about your transactions;
- To improve our products and services;
- To administer and improve our websites;
- To comply with our legal and contractual obligations;
- To detect and prevent fraud or intellectual property infringement;
- To protect our property and assets; and
- To investigate claims, accidents or incidents related to our products and services.
The particular reason for our collection or use of your information depends on the particular activity for which your information is used.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We have controls to limit access to your information to:
- Individual colleagues who need it to do their job, such as providing customer service or warranty service, fulfilling orders and processing payments
- Trusted business partners who need your information to provide services to us, such as delivering your orders, maintaining our computer systems, providing analytics and advice or administering marketing and advertising campaigns.
If requested, and where it is required or permitted by law, we may provide your information to:
- Official bodies, such as government agencies, local authorities, regulators and the police
- The Company’s advisors, including lawyers, insurers, accountants and auditors;
- Other organizations such as law firms or insurance companies in response to a demand for information pursuant to judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal process.
We may also share your information with another organization with which we enter into an arrangement for a merger, purchase or sale involving our Company or any subsidiary or division of our Company.
Because we operate as part of a global business, the recipients of your information may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located. The transfer of your information will be subject to the reasonable security measures described below.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help us protect your information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. These measures may include encryption, security certificates, access controls, information security technologies, policies, procedures and other information security measures to help protect your information. We also require our suppliers to protect such information from unauthorized access use and disclosure.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF EU RESIDENTS
We may transfer, process and store your personal information outside of your home country, including in the United States and Canada, which may not have the same level of data protection as your home country. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are an EU resident this may include the transfer of your personal information from within the EU to a country outside of the EU. We have put in place appropriate safeguards for such transfers (such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission) in accordance with EU Privacy Laws.
Some of the processing we conduct will involve making decisions about you based on automated processing of your personal information. For example, we may conduct profiling activities to select personalized offers or recommendations for you based on your browsing history or your purchase of Company products. If you are an EU resident, where these decisions are based solely on our automated processing of your personal data, these types of decisions will not have legal or similar effects on you, but you can still contact us for further information and to object to this use of your personal information.
In addition to the rights described in the section entitled “Your Control of Your Information,” if you are an EU resident, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information. These rights may include, depending on your country or state of residence, the rights to: access your personal information; rectify the personal information we hold about you; erase your personal information; restrict our use of your personal information; object to our use of your personal information; receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (also known as the right of data portability); lodge a complaint without your local data protection authority; and withdraw any consent you have given to use your personal information. If you wish to exercise any of the rights that you may have, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your request by completing the Individual Rights Management online form.
PERSONAL INFORMATION OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
In addition to the rights described in the section entitled “Your Control of Your Information,” if you are a California resident, you may have certain rights regarding your personal information. These rights may include, the rights to: access your personal information; request the deletion of your personal information; and receive your personal information in a portable and readily usable format. If you wish to exercise any of the rights that you may have, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by toll free phone at 1-800-851-8900 or submit your request by completing the Individual Rights Management online form. In order to exercise your rights, you are required to submit a request and provide in your request certain basic information about yourself which is necessary to identify your personal information and to verify your identity, including your name, email address, telephone number and mailing address. In response to your request, the Company may request additional information which may be necessary to verify your identity and/or to identify any personal information that may be in the Company’s possession. Your failure or refusal to provide sufficient information to identify your personal information or to verify your identity will be grounds for denying your request. In the event that the Company requests from you additional information to identify whether the Company is in possession of your personal information or to verify your identity said request for additional information shall not be regarded as a statement as to whether the Company is or is not in possession of your personal information nor shall it be regarded as a statement as to the Company’s intention to fulfill or deny all or any part of your request. Upon receipt of any information that the Company requires to identify your personal information and to verify your identity, the Company will conduct an investigation to determine if your request can be fulfilled. The Company will comply with the CCPA by responding to your request within the time period proscribed by the relevant laws and regulations.
We may collect your information using cookies when you visit our websites. “Cookies” are small electronic files which a website can use to recognize repeat visitors. Cookies can include web beacons, web logs, pixel tags, passive capture technologies and other technologies. When you visit our websites, we may place a Cookie on your computer or electronic device to help us to customize your experience or to allow you to use the functions made available via our website. For example, certain cookies are necessary to allow you to register your product, make warranty claims or purchase products. We utilize a cookies consent module to allow you to choose which cookies you will allow to operate when visiting our websites. You may withdraw or change your consents at any time.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
The Company does not direct its website to children under thirteen (13) years of age. No information should be submitted to our websites by persons under 13 years of age. Persons under the age of 13 are not allowed to register for newsletters, clubs or activities. Individuals under eighteen (18) should consult with their parent or guardian about the use of the Company’s websites for their benefit. Persons under 18 years old are not allowed to make purchases or participate in contests. When appropriate, the Company may ask you to indicate your age to verify compliance with the age requirements set forth herein.
The Company does not knowingly collect information from persons under 13 years of age or provide any personal information from such persons to any third party for any reason whatsoever. The Company does not allow persons known to be under 13 years of age to receive direct marketing communications from the Company.
YOUR CONTROL OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices regarding the use of your information for marketing purposes. Those choices include the right to deactivate any account you have with the Company and to opt-out of receiving any marketing materials from the Company. The methods by which you can exercise your options to deactivate your account or opt-out are as follows:
- Deactivate your account – If you have an account with us, you may deactivate your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that we deactivate your account.
- Opt-Out of Promotional Email Communications – You may opt out of promotional email by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email, or by emailing us at email@example.com, and explaining the email that you would like to unsubscribe from. Please also note that if you have previously added your contact information to the mailing list of one of our clients or partners and later withdraw your consent, you will have to contact that third party to request removal from that third party’s mailing list.
- Opt-Out of Promotional Text Message Communications – You may opt out of promotional text messages by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the text message, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and briefly describing the text message that you would like to unsubscribe from.
- Opt-Out of Promotional Mail Communications – You may opt out of promotional mail communications by following instructions provided in the mailing, or by emailing us at email@example.com, and briefly describing the mailing that you would like to unsubscribe from.
EXCLUSION OF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
COMPANY OWNERSHIP OF INFORMATION